Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lucy and Dinos and Art, OH MY!


Science Sunday

Photo by Sara Krulwich/The New York Times



Here’s a title for you – Paleoartist, i.e. artists using fossil remains and/or Paleontological study to inform their art. Art that is dependent on Science. I love it already.


Let me introduce you to Viktor Deak. I want to sit in his studio and just watch him work for a day. Watch this great video from the NY Times and then check out his personal website.


Then, if you are a geek like me, troll through this page from the American Museum of Natural History. And for good measure look at the exhibit information on Lucy that just opened in NYC. Note to my buds who live in the area – if you go see this (or the Titanic Exhibit) I expect a full report. We’ve been talking about a trip to the city, but just don’t know when we will get to go. So many things I’d like to see.

And finally, because I now have a family connection that has opened my eyes to the video gaming world, see what you can do if you have a bent for Paleoart in the iPhone app world. (There is an app for EVERYTHING.)

There, that should keep you busy for a while.


No comments: